Sunday, December 11, 2011

Not having a fence for your dog is illegal, right?

My neighbors have 2 Rotties that I see taken out once a day to go to the bathroom. They don't have a fence and their dogs are showing aggression.When me and the neighborhood kids go out to play, and they see us, they react (growl and bark). There's always a person watching them when they do their business but I'm scared they might attack us or hurt the dog i'm planning to get. They approach a bit but then the supervisor always outside with them makes a sound and they stop. They've been listening a little less lately though.I've seen them taken on a walk and they are dominant (try to walk ahead and pull) and very strong.There have been many attacks in my area and they're big dogs! They seem well taken care of and they're beautiful Rottweilers. Money doesn't seem to be an issue. You have to have a fence for your dogs in Georgia right? and how do you file a lawsuit? I don't want money I just want our neighborhood to be safe.Not having a fence for your dog is illegal, right?
What city or county do you live in? There might be a local ordinance about it, but I need more information.Not having a fence for your dog is illegal, right?
you're a minor.

express your concerns to your parents so they can handle the situation.



The law won't do anything unless the dogs do something to warrant them getting involved. I'm not sure them growling at you would be enough for the police to get involved.



No you don't need a fence to own a dog. I don't have one, can't have one where I live. Many people can't have fences but can still have dogs.





psh my dog has a solid recall. The only time she's leashed is when we're walking down the street or in a public area.
I'm not sure that it's illegal, but it's pretty stupid not to have the dogs on a leash when they're out there. Especially when they're showing signs of aggression. I would either speak to the neighbors or have your parents do it. This can be serious if it's not taken care of soon. I wish people would realize having an aggressive dog is serious and take the precautions to prevent an attack from happening.
They should be leashed if there's no fence.



No, you aren't required to have a fence when you have dogs.



Talk to your parents about this.
I'm not sure of the law in georgia...but in florida, your dogs must be on a leash whenever they leave the property...if something happens, the owner is responsible. if i were you i would call animal control in your area, as they are very knowledgeable in that subject for your area
I've never heard of a fence requirement for dog owners before. If anything there should be a leash law for your area which they are clearly violating.
should be a leash law

No comments:

Post a Comment