Sunday, December 11, 2011

Have you ever experienced anything like this with your dog(s)?

When I was little, I'd always wanted a BC. My dream was to run along the shoreline with a female BC during the evening time so it wasn't too hot on her pads/paws. Today, I done that; and I've never felt better. It was so fun. I see the truth and meaning behind 'Man's Best Friend'


and how strong a bond a dog and her owner can have. Even though she's only 7month this Sunday, I know for sure, we're going to have some pretty good times, because the bond is so strong. Coming home, we were wrapped up together in towels after we were dried off, and she slept lying on the seat and partly over me. It couldn't have been better.





Have you ever felt this way, had a dream, or something special happen to you with your dog(s)? I just feel so happy today. It was perfect. So many times I'd pictured it, and it was real. And to think, one woman actually told me to never let her off lead!





I made this:http://www.youtube.com/user/AbbieTheColl鈥?/a>


It's Abbie Border Collie #5.


You don't have to watch it, but I'd be grateful if you told me what you thought, whilst remembering that you are able to let people down nicely, if you dislike it.





Legit: Is running on the beach something you do regularly with your dog(s)?Have you ever experienced anything like this with your dog(s)?
I loved the video, it was fun. It is like she is trying to herd the waves. She had a great time. I can't imagine how I would have survived my life without the love of my dogs. I don't live near a beach, but we play in the yard. This poem makes me think of you. You Know You Are a Dog Person When...








You have a kiddie wading pool in the yard, but no small children.


Lintwheels are on your shopping list every week.


You have baby gates permanently installed at strategic places


around the house, but no babies.


The trash basket is more or less permanently installed in the


kitchen sink, to keep the dog out of it while you're at work.


You refer to yourselves as Mommy and Daddy.


Your dog sleeps with you.


Poop has become a source of conversation for you and your


significant other.


You can't see out the passenger side of the windshield because there


are nose-prints all over the inside.


You have 32 different names for your dog. Most make no sense, but


she understands.


Your dog eats cat poop, but you still let her kiss you (but not


immediately afterward, of course).


You like people who like your dog. You despise people who don't.


You carry dog biscuits in your purse or pocket at all times.


You talk about your dog the way other people talk about their kid.


You sign and send birthday/anniversary/Christmas cards from your


dog.


You put an extra blanket on the bed so your dog can be


comfortable.


You'd rather stay home on Saturday night and cuddle your dog than


go to the movies with your sweetie.


You go to the pet supply store every Saturday because it's one of


the very few places that lets you bring your dog inside, and your


dog loves to go with you.


You open your purse, and that big bunch of baggies you use for


pick-ups pops out.


You get an extra-long hose on your shower-massage just so you can


use it to wash your dog in the tub, without making the dog sit


hip-deep in water.


You and the dog come down with something like flu on the same day.


Your dog sees the vet while you settle for an over-the-counter


remedy from the drugstore.


Your dog is getting old and arthritic, so you go buy lumber and build


her a small staircase so she can climb onto the bed by herself.


Your license plate or license plate frame mentions your dog.


You don't think it's the least bit strange to stand in the back yard


chirping ';Meg, pee!'; over and over again, while Meg tends to play


and forget what she's out there for (but what your neighbors think


of your behavior is yet another story).


You match your furniture/carpet/clothes to your dog.


You have your dog's picture on your office desk (but no one else's).


You lecture people on responsible dog ownership every chance you


get.


You skip breakfast so you can walk your dog in the morning before


work.


You are the only idiot walking in the pouring rain because your dog


needs her walk.


You don't go to happy hours with co-workers any more because you


need to go home and see your dog.


Your friend's dog acts as Best Dog at your wedding.


Your weekend activities are planned around taking your dog for a


hike (both days).


You keep an extra water dish in your second-floor bedroom, in case


your dog gets thirsty at night (after all, her other dish is way down


on the first floor...).


Your freezer contains more dog bones than anything else.


You never completely finish a piece of steak or chicken (so your dog


gets a taste, too).


You shovel a zigzag path in the back yard snow so your dog can


reach all her favorite spots.


You avoid vacuuming the house as long as possible because your dog


is afraid of the vacuum cleaner.


You keep eating even after finding a dog hair in your pasta.


You make popcorn just to play catch with your dog.


You carry pictures of your dog in your wallet instead of pictures of


your parents, siblings, significant other, or anyone else remotely


human.


Your dog is the star of your World Wide Web site!


Your parents refer to your pet as their granddog.


You hang around the dog section of your local bookstore.


Your jewelry box contains no jewels... just those fasteners from vari-kennels.


Every time you read the name Bob, you think the guy's first name


is Best of Breed.


Your house isn't carpeted--the fuzzy furballs under your feet are


soft enough...


Your hungry hubby comes home from work, lifts the cover of the


pan on the stove and says, ';Is this people food or dog food?';


Your hungry hubby once ate the dog food and asked for seconds.


You don't give a second thought to using the brush you just used on


your dog to give a quick run through on your own hair.


At your dinner parties, you always double check the butter before


putting it on the table.


You put important papers in your latest issue of your breed


magazine you know you will find them there.


You have dog hair stuck on tape on wrapped gifts.


You have dog toys and treats in your briefcase.


You have several albums filled with the 8 by 10 pictures of your


dogs but you can't locate any pictures of your kids to send to


grandma.


You show up at the car dealers with a ruler, to measure and see if


your big dog crate will fit. Before the actual purchase you make


the dealer cringe by insisting that you load both crates and dog


into the shinny, new vehicle to make sure it works!


You can't get the groceries in the car because its


A) already full of dog food


B) you have that big old crate in there.


You visit relatives only if there is a dog show nearby.


You remove all the seats from the van except the two in the


front so you have room for crates...


The passenger seat is full of dog stuff.


You cringe at the price of food in the grocery store but think


nothing of the cost of dog food or treats.


You have six squeaky hedgehogs... but only 1 with a squeaky that


works.


You put popcorn in the clean dog dish for movie night.


You pull out your credit card and little bits of liver are stuck


to it...


When you get your latest roll of film and there isn't a single


picture of a two-legged person in it...


People at work have stopped offering you their lint brushes; they


realize it is a hopeless case.Have you ever experienced anything like this with your dog(s)?
your dog is both beautiful and very smart, whoever told you she can't be let off leash is crazy!





I tried taking my mutt to the ocean earlier this year, I was so excited and packed her everything she needed, (fresh water, a bowl, plenty of towels, treats, doggy bags, frisbee, ball, etc) except right when we got there she began drinking the sea water. I tried to tell her to stop but she just would do it when I turned my back, within minutes she was shidoobying everywhere. She was just pooping everywhere and it was so embarassing and sad at the same time, I cleaned her up and the sand and we left... A trip to the ocean which normally only takes me 15 minutes took me 2 hours to get home, my poor dog was literally pooping water... just water, it was so pathetic, we pulled over every couple miles... Now I look back and laugh, but then I was so not loving it in the 90 degree heat! Poor thing. I think we'll stick to the lake from now on! Your girl seems to have a blast though!





Regularly we walk around the golfcourse which our house is on... then we make a pit stop at the lake and she has a ball! She chases the ducks, dives her head under water, comes out with HUGE sticks... digs her paws in the sand! So funny to watch her! And nothing is cuter than a wet dog!
Very nice video. I had a Border Collie mix once, she was a good dog.





I do have a dog related dream but it hasn't happened yet. My dream involves an Azawakh and I don't have one yet, hopefully later this year though. My dream is going down to New Mexico with a lot of other sighthound people and going Open Field Coursing. We'd all be wandering the emptiness searching for jackrabbits then letting my dog go and watching him chase after the hare at full speed. My dream would also be for him to catch the rabbit and earn an Open Field Coursing title, but I'd be happy even if he never caught anything. Maybe in a few years I'll be able to see my dream come true.





Legit: No, I live in Colorado, no beaches. The last beach I was on was a long time ago in Maine, but it was a very rocky beach, not the sandy kind. I loved it there, I wish I could move to Maine, but then I wouldn't be able to do OFC.
Your dog seems more interested in the waves then running, nice video though.





Where I live all the nice beaches are an hour away, overcrowded with people, %26amp; don't allow dogs. I don't think going to the beach will be a regular thing. However, I do sometimes go to a nearby lake with my dog.
Oh how cute!! I can definitely see the herding Instinct kicking in, how funny. I think this was also Abbie's dream come true.


My dream with my Sheltie is to move to the country on a farm where she can run until she drops. We live in Vegas and unfortunately there are no beaches. She has a small back yard and also a court yard but I would love for her to have acres to run on. Very nice and fun video..thanks for sharing. Abbie is a very luck girl and so are you!!
My dream was to have a dog. I begged for 8 years before I got my best friend. After a year or so of bonding with him to a point were we are inseparable and he truly is my best friend I thought I'd like another wagging tail to greet me at the door. So I begged again and 4 years later my newest dream was fulfilled.


With my two best friends always at my side, it always makes me feel happy and proud to be a dog owner, yet privaleged to own such amazing creatures that really do change your life.


My dream now is to repay my dogs by moving to the country were there are open spaces to run on and rabbits to chase. I think they'd be much happier there but for now I guess I'll have to dream.





My mongrel loves the beach. It's his favourite place to go, he jumps and swims in the waves and runs very fast and very far down the beach after the birds, the whole time we're there his tail never stops wagging. One of his favourite beaches that we went to was in Alnwick he just ran and ran and ran splashing through the waves and playing with his friend.


My Springer on the other hand isn't too keen. She'd rather be hunting and swimming in lakes then retrieving a sandy, sea salt flavoured ball and shivering!





I haven't been able to watch your video because I am using my phones Internet which doesn't have flash player, but if I get the chance I'll leave it a comment.
That was a great video, and no, i don't run down the beach with my dogs. I wish. We only have a couple of nasty lake here and i wouldn't let my dog drink from them. Really cute dog!
How cute the video as Abby is having the time of her life biting the waves.Maybe next she'll be riding the waves.Never had a dream but my dream of owning the many dogs I have and doing rescue was a dream when I was little and that came true..
  • long hair styles
  • loan
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment