Sunday, December 11, 2011

Does your dog wake you up at the same time every morning?

If your dog is your personal ';alarm clock';- what time does he wake you up? Is it always the same time, or does he let you sleep in on weekends? How does he wake you up? Barking, nudging you, or does he jump on the bed and push you out of it? :)



My dogs wake me up at about 7:00 AM, Central time (US), every morning. As some of you may know we are truck drivers %26amp; the dogs travel with us...they do not respect time-zones! They will wake me up at 7 AM Central, even when we're on the Pacific coast and it's only 5:00 and dark out!



They wake me up by jumping on the bed, off the bed, on the bed, off the bed.....lol. My male dog will ';dig'; at the covers (ouch!). My female will play-bow and ';slap'; me, drummer style, with her paws. Then she launches herself off the bed and proceeds to jump on %26amp; off me again.



My female has pogo sticks for legs, because even after I wake up she bounces all over the place, rears up and ';slaps'; me in the back of the legs, until I set down her breakfast! My male has a little more dignity and just sits and watches intently until he gets fed :).



Just a fun question.....I wanna see what funny routines other people's dogs have :)Does your dog wake you up at the same time every morning?
Wake me up in the morning? Usually I'm the one waking HIM up. If it were up to my Golden, he would never go outdoors. I tell you, he is the perfect dog to have around when I have a cold. We can sit on the couch all day and watch TV.



Now Reika on the other hand feels the need to ensure that I wake up promptly at 6 AM every morning. First comes the whining. Next, the staring. The third step is a few pokes in the eye. God forbid I turn over and ignore her because within a few short seconds, all hell breaks loose....the early morning trounce. She will LEAP onto the bed paying special attention to where her feet land on my body (I swear she aims for my stomach). I will usually put a pillow over my head to avoid the mauling. She will then manage to burrow her head underneath the pillow that is on my own face and continue with the eye poking. Next comes the licking, the rolling, the blanket hogging, the louder whining and a few barks here and there.



Weekends? What the heck is a weekend? :-)Does your dog wake you up at the same time every morning?
Yep, my dog wakes up at exactly the same time every morning, climbs up the laundry basket to get onto the bed, walks up my belly and scrapes the side of my face so that I lift the covers up and he walks straight down to the bottom of the bed and curls up on my feet. When he does that, I know I have around 20-30 minutes before I have to get up! When I have to get up earlier, he hates it and sulks all day at me cos he didnt get his morning snuggle!
if my dad doesnt let them out right when he wakes up...they will wake me up at about 430

if he does...I try to sleep until about 530- 6
Mine doesn't wake me up I wake her up, she doesn't get up until she sees me reach for my glasses. When I do that she'll jump off the bed and shake herself awake, after she's done her business and eaten breakfast she'll go back to bed until I'm ready to leave for work. On the weekends she waits until I get up if it gets late, she will try to stretch and sometimes nudge me or lick my face, but if I don't want to get up I ignore this behavior or I tell her to go back to sleep. She will listen.



I learned that if you allow your dog to get you up when you aren't ready to get up the dog is pack leader and you aren't. When I read that I decided that she no longer dictates what time I get up, since I'm up at 6 am during the week that I get to sleep in on weekends.
I'm lucky, both of my dogs let me sleep in. Although I have noticed that THEY tend to get up about the same time every day, even when I decide to roll over and go back to sleep. And they do pace quietly and watch us intently for any sign of waking up. Sometimes my male dog will place his head right on the edge of the bed, which usually puts it right in my face and just stand there until I get up. Last week he got really impatient and jabbed the bottom of my exposed foot with his nose (his ';I want something'; signal is to poke at things...me, inanimate objects, whatever happens to be handy)! If the alarm goes off and I just let it go my female will start crying after about 40 seconds, she just HATES the sound!
7am!!! This brat has no consideration for me wanting to sleep in on the weekend. The nerve!! =)



Each day starts with a cold nose on the cheek and some snuffling in the ear. God forbid we roll over and try to escape because then you get pounced with 95lbs of lab who wants breakfast.NOW. SO regardless of how late you stayed up working on that deadline, or how many cocktails you had friday night...the kibble better be in the bowl by 7:05 or heads are going to roll!
I have 3 dogs! They will all wake me up at 6am every morning! It doesn't matter what day it is. The only time I get to sleep in if on a week end when my husband will get up with them sometimes.

Other wise I am up by what ever mean one of them deems necessary! lol



Uaually the pup will have his nylabone in his mouth poking me in the head or neck! As he is doing his happy dance and talking at the same time. lol If that doesn't do it then he calls in the other 2. :)
  • website hosting
  • hair braiding
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment