Sunday, December 11, 2011

How many toys does your dog regularly have access to?

It seems like every dog (especially puppies) has tons of toys. Do you let your dog have access to them all? Or do you rotate them?



Our puppy has lots, but I rotate them about once a week. He usually has one soft/squeaky toy and two rubber chew toys, one large, one small, in his play pen (where he sleeps and plays when we aren't home) . Then he always has access to his rope toy and his favourite rubber chew ball when he is out of his pen to play fetch and tug-of-war with when he is around our apartment.



We have mini tennis balls for when we take him to the park outside.



Does anyone else do this with their dogs toys?How many toys does your dog regularly have access to?
My dogs have regular access to about 3 kong wubbas inside the house, as well as a few marrow bones.

Outside, they have regular access to 2 sort-of deflated basketballs.



Under supervision only, they have access to tennis balls and frisbees - when we are outside playing fetch with them.How many toys does your dog regularly have access to?
Our dog has access to all of his toys.
My puppy has access to all of his toys, and so does my older dog.



Although I wish I didn't start him off like this, because now he plays with whatever toy when he wishes.



They say in many books to keep a special toy for training etc..



I think I might start doing this.
I think your way sounds better. I give mine all of her toys. A lot of them get lost, under furniture or outside. Then when we find one that was lost she loves it again. In fact, I use to rotate my son's toys when he was a toddler. I'm going to start doing this with our puppy now. Thanks!
My dog has a toy basket. She can pick out a toy and play with it whenever she wants too! She is really in love with her toys. She likes some more than others, but she plays with all of them at one point in time.



I've read and heard that you should limit how many toys you should give your dog and take them away when the dog is done playing. I've tried this, but Emma loves her toys so much that she gets to keep them all lol!



My dog loves tennis balls too!
  • condo rentals in
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment