Sunday, December 11, 2011

If you live in area where its illegal to chain or thether your dog and you see it, should you report it?

If you live in an area where its illegal to chain or thether your dog out in the yard at all and you see a dog out on a steak and tether should you report it or just let it go?



What would you do?



I found out recently its illegal here to even tether your dog out in the yard on a steak even for a few minutes (yet all the stores still sell a tether and rope and such.)



We didn't have a yard growing up so my parents got a steak and line and tethered my little dog (shih tzu I believe) when I was outside with him so I could play with him without worrying about him getting loose or running away. (it was a 5 or 6 foot line)





That is why I am iffy if I see that to do anything about it, because the dog might just be out on a tether for play in a yard that doesn't have a fence.



How do you know when you should call or not?If you live in area where its illegal to chain or thether your dog and you see it, should you report it?
if the dog looks healthy and taken care offed then it is none of your business what they do with there dogIf you live in area where its illegal to chain or thether your dog and you see it, should you report it?
normally i would say yes, report it, but sometimes it doesnt make a difference. i know in my city, i've reported tons of wrong-doings to animals, but animal control never comes out here except to pick up the bodies. so sad...
I'd report it. Let animal control decide whether it's excessive. Chances are, they'll give the owners a warning, and let them know there are regulations in your city regarding tethering. It's great that your city regulates this!
If chaining or tethering your dog is illegal in your area it is because your county, state, or village declares it animal cruelty. In this case you have witnessed animal cruelty and failure to report it makes you as bad as the person who did it. You must report this. There is no harm in getting involved with protecting an animal.
Unless the dog is being neglected or abused, leave it alone.



There is nothing wrong with tethering for SHORT periods of time.
if you see it all the time unsupervised, I would call. if not, I wouldn't.



play on a tether is fine. long hours is not if it is illegal where you live.
Well, if my dog was tethered to a STEAK, it wouldn't be for too long, he would eat it.
Usually even when it is illegal, it is legal for short durations, for potty breaks and such. They are just trying to stop people from tying dogs out day and night for the life of the dog. Because it is no life living on a chain.
I think the law in your area is unreasonable. The bunny huggers have gotten control.



I think a dog can be tethered for brief periods of time and its fine.



I would not get involved unless I felt the dog was being abused or neglected.

No comments:

Post a Comment