Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lol does your dog do this or something similar?

I know my dog gets bored from time to time, but I swear she knows how to entertain herself ha ha. These are the things my dog will do to entertain herself..



1. She will take one of her toys and carry it in her mouth, while batting around a tennis ball or some other kind of ball.



2. She will literally have a fight with herself. She will lay on the bed or floor and kick at herself and growl at her own feet ha ha or she will chase and growl at her tail.



3. Of course she has to tourment the cats a little. She loves to play with the cats. She will nibble at them (gently of course) while the 2 youngest rescue kitties bat at her (without using claws).. It's so cute to watch. They are so gentle with eachother.



So my question to you is do any of your dogs have ways of entertaining themselves when you are busy doing other things?Lol does your dog do this or something similar?
My puppy definitely does the first one, he LOVES playing soccer with his tennis balls, he'll do it for a good 40 minutes all by himself. I know he's had a good afternoon when I get home from school and see every last one of his 15 tennis balls spread out all over the floor in his ';space'; I've set up for him.



He also likes to fight his blanket. He'll pull it right off the bed, throw it around the room, pounce on it and growl at out, then toss it around again. Too funny ;DLol does your dog do this or something similar?
Our 13 month old golden always entertains herself. She does fuss with the cat, but that is just to get a good face wash from kitty. Otherwise, she rolls her tennis ball between her feet, or tosses her sock toy in the air, she can amuse herself for hours. I think we spend more time watching her play than the tv!
Yes, my Chihuahua mix will do the same chase her tail and growl. My Border Collie does the same except she holds it in her mouth and spins. When she is done she will stumble a bit, I believe she made herself dizzy. Aren't dogs great! :)
yeah my dog when bored will chase his own tail and he willrun in a circle around the house with his chew toy in his mouth he also will do the worm in the floor
I get a toy and put it in a metal tin. Hours of entertainment!! Until he gets the lid off!! Then he wants me to put it back on again. Another thing I do is get a toy and wrap it in a pair of tights, then an old towel. Preferably a squeaky toy!!



I did get a magic toy a year ago - called the Indestructaball. It is solid plastic and unbreakable!! Sparky loves it, but barks at it a lot!! Totally wears him out though! I give it to him when I'm doing housework!



My dog is also very good at entertaining himself. Sometimes I ask him if he has ';seen the pussy cats?'; and he is at the window looking for one for aaaages......lol
when my chihuahua gets bored he likes to play hid-n-seek with himself, he will hide unfder the rug.
my chihuahua will lay in her bed and start gnawing at the padding, or she'll be on her back on the carpet, and start running upside down, or she walks [and sometimes runs] into things. or she'll just be a lazy bum and sleep. haha.
My lab will throw a ball or toy for himself, he'll sling it in the air - or roll it down the stairs then go after it like a bat out of hell.
mine do this too. they are pugs two love to get a hold of there tail they can run circles around the yard faster than a rabbit they crack me up god bless my pugs
yes mine reads the papper when i am treying to reed it
my yorkie,piper plays catch with himself...he throws his toy over his head and tries to catch it!its so cute! my other dog sandy mostly just sleeps but sometimes she plays hide and seek with her toys...she hides them just about everywhere and then when she gets bored she goes to find them!
My doberman girl will -

1. play soccer with one of my sons rubber inflated balls.



2. snorkle in the pond chasing the fish, its shallow so she can walk through it, head under water, bum up, chasing goldfish.



3. follow me everywhere, doesnt matter what im doing, she is only a foot away from me, and i swear its just to annoy me, coz if i turn around, she bounces away almost saying ';what, im just walking this way any way, im not following you';.



4. raid my vege patch, she loves cherry tomatoes, and if im not quick enough to get them the minute they are ripe, shes got it.



Or shes just right by me at almost all times, doing dishes, folding laundry, she just lays down behind me, im so used to it now, i automatically step over her.
my 15 lb puppy runs circles around my 100 lb ridgeback x. when he's good and dizzy/confused, she steals his toys and hides them.
How cute that must be!! My 8 month old dachshund/corgi mix still chases his tail on occasion, he stares at his reflection in the stereo cabinet EVERY night (he no longer barks at his reflection) and of course there is the cat! They play, bat, wrestle, bite and lick. Not to worry, the dog isn't much bigger than the cat and the cat has claws and knows how to use them, he just doesn't because he enjoys having a playmate. Half the time the cat initiates the play - and that is cute!
My cockers will hide the toys, and then act like they can not find them. So i will give them a ';new'; toy. It really is a toy the hid before that I found while cleanning. Or I will buy some new toys.. And give them one.

My new doberman pup Kendall will climb into the toy bin and play in there now. She is to cute. Here are pics of her in the toy box and in a coffee cup when she was little also one of the cocker puppies playing. http://www.flickr.com/photos/23472038@N0鈥?/a> They are to cute.



They are so cute with their toys. I love watching them.

I laugh all day at the things they do. The fav. past time of my adult cockers is also chase the cat. She doesnt like it when they chase her. But an hour later she and the cockers are on the couch with me sleeping. Yep she hates it.



The puppies also like to nibble my toes, attack the kids and give them kisses, and bite each others tails. So we are very entertained here.
my dog dose all that too

No comments:

Post a Comment