Sunday, December 11, 2011

How did you cope with the loss of your family dog?

My dog had been in bad health for the past 3 months and I was expecting her to pass soon. Last night she didn't want to be in the house, so I let her out thinking she needed to use the bathroom. She never came back in when I called her so I went to check on her and she was in her doghouse, but wouldn't come back into the house with me. I turned on her heater and let her stay there. I checked on her this morning and she wasn't in her house, so I called and called for her, she never came. I went looking for her and found her in the woods in front of our house dead.....How do you get over something like this? I've had her since I was 9 and she was the most loyal dog I'd ever had or known. I feel so sad right now that I'll never get to go talk to her again and that I'll never get to pat her or play with her. What did you do to feel better about your dogs death, or at least not feel so depressed by it?How did you cope with the loss of your family dog?
Im so sorry about your lose... but you mourn your dog just as you would mourn a person. Time will heal the wound.



I personally dont like when people run out and get another dog right away since no two dogs are ever the same How did you cope with the loss of your family dog?
cried for a hundred nights
wow that makes me want to cry. how old are you?? i got my dog when i was 9. now im 19, i couldnt bare losing my dog she is like my bestfriend. but i moved out my parents house and in collge got a new doggie so i guess you should get a new one of the same breed not look like her, and you can cuddle with it when you feel sad
That's so sad! When my 15 yr old dog died, who had been with me through the hardest time in my life and who I talked to like a friend all the time, it was terrible. I think it's important to mourn your dog, like you would a friend, and even bury her with something that was important to her, like a toy and maybe even a picture. Say a few words. This isn't silly--this dog was your friend. The most important thing is that you mourn and cry and talk about your dog. I posted a blog online about my dog. I hope this helps. Eventually, you can get a new puppy, as well. This also helps.
I'm so sorry about your dog. It is hard to lose a pet, they are your family. It will take time. Just keep thinking about the good memories you had for her.



Someone once sent me this. I find it comforting.



RAINBOW BRIDGE



Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.



All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.



You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.



Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....



Author unknown...




you will get over it,if it helps buy another dog and name it the same ,she is every where you go,she still loves you and you love her back,

she knows you miss her and she misses you.


Loosing a loved pet is like loosing a member of your family. Keep a picture close and look at it often and talk to it. Just know that your dog is not hurting any more, and is waiting for you to get to heaven so you can be together again. I cried for 3 days after I lost my dog. It is hard to handle but it does get easier.
Its hard. I got my dog when she I was around 6 years old, she recently died from old age. We had to put her down because she was so sick.



Basically, I took her home, buried her, cleaned out her toys and other things, and then let time take care of it.



It will get easier. I got another dog and I'll go through it all again.



Sorry about your loss.
Oh sweetie, I am sooooo sorry for your loss. Even when it's expected, it's not easy. I'm sorry to tell you that you probably won't ever get over it, but with time, you will definitely feel better. Let yourself feel sad for a little while. In a few weeks, you'll be able to think about the fun you had together and you'll actually find that you are smiling at the memories instead of crying over them. It's hard to lose a loyal companion - our puppies add so much joy to our lives. Just picture her in a better place where the sun is always shining and she doesn't feel sick anymore. Big Hug.
Italy 4ever i from italy....
I'm so sorry for your loss. Even up to the end your dog wanted to be kind to you. I have lost two before also and it is very hard. They are like our babies. I still think of them, as they love you with a no matter what attitude. I live in the Dallas TX area and there is a no kill shelter in Carrollton TX called Operation Kindness. They operate solely on donations. When my little dies I gave them a donation in his name and every year on his birthday I give them a donation to help keep his memory alive. And it helps soooo many other little ones. They have a web site and there are also links on there on how to cope with the loss of a pet. I wish you and your family the best.


I bought another puppy... helping others usually makes people feel better


I'm so sorry for your loss. There is really nothing you can do but grieve and cry. As time goes by, you'll start to feel a little better, then as even more time passes, you'll start to think of her with a smile and the fond memories she brought to you and your family. But you'll never really get over it. Even now (after my buddy Camelot passed away in March, I am feeling sad just reading your story but we keep his memory alive by talking about him and the funny things he did.



She was a big part of your life and you loved her so allow yourself to grieve and someday - when the time feels right, adopt a new friend. Not to replace the hole in your heart but to build a new friendship and new memories.


In October I lost my 19 year old cat to cancer. I made the choice to euthanize him at home. He had been with my family all of his life. I am still coping with the feelings of grief, but as time goes on, it is becoming easier to cope with. I will always, always miss him, but with time, it gets easier to accept.



My other two cats, his companions also miss him. They'd go to his sleeping spot and yowl for him. This, I think was the worst part of it for both my boyfriend and myself. Hearing the sadness in the other two cats cries would have us both in tears.



I am so sorry for you. I know exactly how you feel. Continue to talk about it. I found that even though doing so made me sad, it helped to put my feelings into words.
I know how that is cause my beagel hound passed away too what I did was I just said to myself that he was in a better place now and got another dog to keep me company and take my mind off of losing him I hope this helps and sry about ur dog
Give yourself so time to grieve. It's a process and I know losing a pet is a very hard thing to go through. Just think of the good things, write about it in a journal, get out all of your tears, and try to move on. Sorry for your loss and I hope you will be ok soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment